Shared Hosting Solutions Explained
A shared hosting service suggests storing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a shared hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's survey these. Thus, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you desire to establish a web site, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
150 GB bandwidth
4 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
95000 MB bandwidth
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service offered by various vendors, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage services often involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel web hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud shared hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between independent sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various shared hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share an immense quantity of images with mates or acquaintances since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your mails. Some firms offer shared hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain but do not want to have a site, then the email shared hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to operate as many video clips as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a website. To some extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At ReMARK HOSTING you can take a glimpse at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of shared hosting service that you've selected - a free web hosting plan, a paid shared website hosting account, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content only.